Saturday, January 16, 2010

My first trip to Vigan

Manila to Vigan. [December 11, 2009]

We left Manila at past 11 pm. From Congress, packed a few things, then off we went to the North Expressway. The farthest that I've traveled way up north is La Union, thus when the invitation to discuss at the 37th NUSP National Convention came up, I felt ecstatic.

The travel was a bit uncomfortable. In all of my past out-of-town trips, night travel was most preferred as I would get the chance to sleep. This time, sleep was very elusive.

We arrived in Vigan at way past 6 am. Whoah! I saw lots of old churches on our way to Baluarte. I learned that there's this village called Baluarte Subdivision. We almost lost the way. Thank you to the friendly folks who taught us the correct way to Baluarte. Breakfast was almost ready when we arrived in Vigan. We were greeted by several ostriches, ponies, lovely deer, and lots of birds. And yes, we're in Baluarte owned by former Gov. Chavit Singson.

The classroom discussion, where I was one of the discussants, had to be moved to a different slot, hence I had the chance to roam around Vigan.

Below are the pictures I've personally taken using my indispensable Sony Walkman camera phone.

Enjoy!

The renowned St. Paul’s Cathedral


Vigan Plaza Hotel


A marker of famous Filipino poet Leona Florentino


At the Pagburnayan (pottery making)
Vigan is boasts of its famous burnayan.



The renowned Heritage City







[More photos soon].

Another related article coming up soon.

No comments: