Thursday, January 28, 2010

Tweetdeck or Hootsuite?

I used to be a big fan of Tweetdeck. In fact, after having discovered the usefulness of it, I started recommending it to friends. At first, fellow blogger Kabataan Party-list Rep. Raymond “Mong” Palatino prodded me to use Twhirl, but I find Tweetdeck a better software. I even encouraged friends who were just starting to use Twitter to use Tweetdeck.

I opted to use such a software because I was trying to avoid Facebook. (Peace man!). This was the height of my abhorrence to games being posted on my wall, quizzes inundating my newsfeeds. I must admit, when FB was fast becoming popular, I was one of those who got really hooked. But an unfortunate event in July 2009, stopped me from using it for a month. I realized then that I could live without FB, haha! Thanks to TD, the propensity to spend hours facebooking has lessened.

With TD, several windows may be customized to show both FB and Twitter posts. Even wall posts of friends, shout outs, Twitter mentions can be viewed. You may comment to FB post right through TD.

But while I was writing this post, good friend-blogger Tonyo Cruz suggested that Hootsuite was a better choice.


Tonyo was indeed right. I was convinced. Hootsuite was a better choice. It works just like Tweetdeck minus the downside of having to download and re-install the latter whenever you use a different PC/Laptop. Hootsuite is web-based; there's no need to install the program; and it lets you post updates to your facebook, twitter, ping.fm, and even wordpress. Just like TD, windows may be customized to show FB wall, shoutouts, plus Twitter sent posts and pending posts. Cool!

Make your choice. My vote goes to Hootsuite.

1 comment:

Tonyo said...

Good to know you're also hooked on Hootsuite :)